For the “Holidays” that celebrate a certain profession or group, you could offer a free gift, 10% off for the day (or week/month), or give them your product/service for free. Make sure you advertise your promotion via newspaper or email with a coupon that they can bring to your store.
- National Care About Your Indoor Air Month – discount on radon test units
- National Condom Month – where appropriate, give away a free condom with purchase
- National Children’s Dental Health Month – free toothbrush with purchase
- National Get To Know and Independent Real Estate Broker Month – send an “About Us” greeting card
- National Pet Dental Health Month – give away a pet toothbrush
- National Weddings Month – give away a his (blue) and hers (pink) t-shirt with your logo on the front and “Just Married” on the back which they can take on their honeymoon
- Spunky Old Broads Month – discount or free give away to any Spunky Old Broad that comes in!
- African American Coaches Day: 3 – discount to African American coaches
- National Girls & Women in Sports Day: 4 – discount to girls wearing local sports team clothing
- Wear Red Day: 6 – discount to anyone wearing red
- Bubble Gum Day: 6 – discount to anyone chewing bubble gum
- Boy Scout Anniversary Day: 8 – discount to Boy Scouts
- Man Day: 8 – offer a discount to men
- World Marriage Day: 8 – offer a discount to married couples
- Read in the Bathtub Day: 9 – offer a free small bottle of bubble bath
- Westminster Dog Show: 9-10 – a free dog treat to any dog owners
- White Shirt Day: 11 – offer a discount to anyone wearing a white shirt
- Friday the 13th: 13 – It’s your lucky day sale!
- Valentines Day: 14 – offer a free rose to all men to bring home to their sweetheart
- Susan B. Anthony Day: 15 – offer a $1 discount to anyone who can show you a Susan B. Anthony dollar
- Northern Hemisphere Hoodie Hoo Day: 20 – offer a discount to anyone who will yell “Hoodie Hoo!”
- Clam Chowder Day: 21 – free clam chowder with the purchase of a sandwich
- Curling is Cool Day: 23 – set up a Curling competition in your parking lot
- For Pete’s Sake Day: 26 – offer a discount to anyone named Pete
The “Holiday” list is provided by the good folks at Brownie Locks and the 3 Bears: http://www.brownielocks.com/february.html
I take absolutely no credit for the list of holidays, just my ideas to promote your business.
Make sure you send out your email announcement a few days ahead of time, so your customers will have enough time to plan ahead.